Thermostat Replacement and Installation
Signs it may be time to replace your thermostat:
- Just not functioning as it should – If you set your thermostat at least 5 degrees higher or lower than your normal setting (5 degrees higher than normal during heating season, and 5 degrees lower during cooling season). Check that the appropriate device (heat or AC) comes on. If it doesn’t, it may be time to replace it.
- High energy bills – replacing your older thermostat, with a new programmable thermostat, is an effective way of cutting your energy costs. Plus, set your programmable thermostat to a desired temp once, and it will automatically adjust after that.
- Convenience – many new thermostats have insight into your system, and even show reminder, like when it is time to change your filter. This could help avoid costly repairs to your system.
- Another issue could be multi-level homes. If you have 2 or more levels, but only one thermostat, you may need to have it zoned, to monitor temps on each level individually. This would let you customize comfort for each level, and could help with high energy costs.
Humidifier or Dehumidifier?
The relative humidity of a particular place is the deciding factor in selecting either a humidifier for dehumidifier. A healthy relative humidity level is 35 to 50%. Based on the humidity levels of a room, dehumidifiers and humidifiers help obtain these levels. The flu virus thrives best when humidity is either over 98% or between zero and 50%. Because of this, Dr. Linsey Marr, a researcher at Virginia Tech, recommends keeping humidity levels around 50% to give the flu virus the least chance of survival.
There are many types of humidifiers and dehumidifiers. We can help you figure out what is best for you, and let you know how to maintain them, for optimum performance, and longevity.
With our maintenance contract:
- 5 year Parts Replacement Guarantee
- 15% discount on repair service (Excludes Diagnostic Fee)
- Priority Customer Status
- Reduced Diagnostic Fees
- Transferrable Agreement
Please call JH Martin Mechanical today, and make an appointment for a quote for your next HVAC maintenance agreement!
Gas Pipe Replacement & Repairs
Whether you are replacing a gas line from the street to your home, have a gas leak that is in need of repair, or need to have a gas line to an appliance repaired or replaced, JH Martin Mechanical has qualified technicians, to safely handle your needs.
Gas Line Installation for Heated Pools
Installing a brand new pool in your backyard? Can’t stand the thought of not being able to take a swim, year round as you please? Call JH Martin Mechanical today, for your gas line installation needs!
UV Germicidal Lights
These specialty lights are placed inside your central HVAC system. They UVC reduces or eliminates germs such as mold, viruses, bacteria, fungi, and mold spores from the indoor air of homes, offices, basements, commercial buildings, Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioner Systems, ensuring a much better indoor air quality.
UV light has been proven for decades to effectively disinfect air, surfaces and water. UV air cleaners can help your family, students or employees live, work or study in a healthier environment, especially sufferers from allergy, asthma, and or other respiratory diseases.
Standard Air purifiers have a fundamental flaw. They rely on air being pulled through the unit in order to clean it. This creates an ineffective, high energy cost air purifier. UV air purifiers utilize a new generation of technology. UV technology does not reply on filters or air passing through the air purifier. This technology simply produces a blanket of redundant oxidizers that not only clean your air, but sanitize surfaces as well eliminating the pollutants.